The outbreak of the corona virus has brought a lot of things into place-especially about sanitizing and the things that we touch. Being aware of these things is quite essential for the daily routine but this pandemic has increased the awareness to a whole new level.
It is easy for us to avoid touching a few things that we touch every day such as railings of stairwells and door locks etc. But, what about our phones that rests in our hand or pocket throughout the day? As per the statement of a professor, phones are covered in many germs that may carry harmful viruses and bacteria to you. This is why people are been advised to clean their phones to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Aspects on which you should be concerned about:
1) Cleaning and using disinfectant for sanitizing the frequently touched surfaces such as phones are always good for health and should be surely included in the daily routines.
2) You do not need to worry about cleaning your personal or frequently touched objects unless you are coming in contact with the droplets of saliva or mucus from a potentially infected person. The same follows for a Smartphone which is made either with plastic or glass or aluminum frames.
3) There are the least chances of your phone getting contaminated unless you hand over your phone to someone else according to Dr. Sankar Swaminathan (chief of infectious diseases division at the University Of Uttah School Of Medicine).
4) Surfaces on which you should be concerned about are the surfaces that often come into contact with other people.
What is the best way to stay safe amidst a pandemic situation?
As per this date, experts don’t yet know how long the COVID-19 virus can survive on different surfaces. However, a few studies concluded that coronaviruses can stay on metal, glasses, or plastic from a few hours to nine days as per estimation.
On the other hand, Dr. Robert Murphy, the executive director of Feinberg School of Medicine from the Institute of Global Health at Northwestern University said that there is no practical evidence of transmission occurring outside of the realm of a person.
Therefore, being careful while interacting with frequently touched objects by others is way essential than sanitizing your possession multiple times, throughout the day. For instance, an ATM, which is certainly touched by hundreds of people or a pin pad at the grocery store, has more chances of transmitting the virus when compared to your possessions which are touched by one or two persons.
Apart from being aware of the surfaces which have more potential to transmit the virus, you should use sanitizer every time you touch these surfaces. Hand wash can also protect you to some extent but contactless payment methods are the best way to pay instead of cash.
According to the centers for disease control and prevention, one should focus on frequent hand washing more than scrutinizing the personal effects as the virus is completely unstable outside of the host i.e. human or animal body. But, there are some devices which can be adversely affected with the dripping antibacterial wipe or sheet, one of the most used devices is your Smartphone.
Here are some instructions that one should follow to sanitize the mobile phone without damaging it.
1) Unplug your Smartphone before cleaning it with any wipe or sanitizer as well.
2) Spreading any cleaning spray directly on the devices is strictly prohibited as the drips can get penetrated inside the opening and cause moisture lock resulting in damaged parts.
3) Never use a dry or abrasive material to remove fingerprints or debris from the screen of the Smartphone as it may result in scratches.
4) Consulting the manufacturer’s website before cleaning the screen is highly recommended as different phones support different cleaning methods. The folding Smart Phones that are showing up these days can be torn up causing permanent damage to the display.
5) Using a phone case or screen protector is probably the best idea besides trying to use different cleaning methods on them. These screen protectors can prevent the dirt inside the display thus keeping the resistive parts such as the oil-resistant coating on the display protected from any adverse conditions in the future.
The best way to clean Smartphone which is shared
1) Unplug the devices before attempting to clean them (remove batteries if possible).
2) Use recommended spray which dries up faster than dripping disinfectant.
3) Use soft materials like a microfiber cloth to clean the display as tissue or paper towel may lead to scratches.
4) In this case, also, different computers and different computer-related devices need different cleaners. Alcohol-based disinfectants are the most used cleansers which most of the manufacturers recommend for their devices. A soft cloth dampened with isopropyl alcohol works best for most of the devices.
5) The best way to ensure a fully sanitized Smartphone is to get a cover that can be cleaned by using alcohol or disinfectant wipes.
However, it is best to go through the instructions provided by the manufacturers of the chosen disinfectants. This is needed so that you can be ensured of the working period of the chemicals and when it should be reused.
Helpline no:+91-9829070419 Keep Virus Free your area